Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

I Didn't Know "Rustic Dinner" Meant Dinner at 2:30 PM

I thought I would have a few weeks of relaxation. 

Completely wrong on my part.

Finally, the long weekend arrived and I found myself sleeping, drinking hot cocoa, writing songs, writing stories, and watching The Vampire Diaries. Tomorrow is my official "day off" (the reason why it's a long weekend), and I really have no clue what I'm going to do.

Actually, I do. Drug Store Haul with the mother :D 

My mom's birthday is coming up and my dad oh-so romantically suggested a "rustic dinner" (I didn't know rustic meant dinner at 2:30 :3), and soon, we were driving the long path across the state. I was uncomfortably sandwiched between my sister and brother-in-law in the backseat, with my sister sleeping on my shoulder and my brother-in-law's head lulling back and forth.

We started the day off going to my sister's wedding venue and planning the costs. I saw the place for the first time and it is gorgeous. Words can't even express my excitement for this wedding. 

We then proceeded to head towards our little rustic dinner place. It was actually fantastic. We took a sleigh ride, drank some hot apple cider, watched our dinner cook over an authentic 1700s, and got a three-course-meal that was absolutely delicious. 



This little picture was taken out of boredom. The fire looked cool. The lighting was perfect. Thus, the picture was born. 


Hot homemade apple cider. Mmm! It was perfect after a cold sleigh ride outside and with a sweet little cinnamon stick :) 



And the prime ribs, the prime event, arrives! The meat was delicious. Though, I can't say I'm a huge fan of cow meat. I still ate it (and brought some home!), and I loved it. 


The dessert was obviously my utmost favorite part. I have a sweet tooth, needless to say. The perfect homemade apple pie was topped with homemade cream that was absolutely superb. I was drooling by the time I finished. I can practically taste it in my mouth now, mmm---

Anyway! Hope you enjoyed and stay classy <3 

1 comment:

  1. Mish! Yo' Liebster nomination can be found hereeeee:
    http://emily-etc.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/the-liebster-award.html

    GET WRITING, LIKE NOOOOOW.

    EX-OH-EX-OH

    ReplyDelete